Thursday, November 22, 2007

Madman-A-Go-Go!


Mike Allred has been the one creator that I've managed to stay interested in for over ten years. Most often than not, I tend to sway to and from different styles and tastes as the mood hits me (or if they don't bring anything out in a long time).

Here's what I have so far of his:

Madman-verse
MADMAN - THE ODDITY ODYSSEY
MADMAN ADVENTURES COLLECTED EDITION
MADMAN COMICS #1-14
MADMAN/JAM #1,2
MADMAN/NEXUS #1
SUPERMAN/MADMAN HULLABALOO! TP
DARK HORSE PRESENTS #100(0),100(5)
RED ROCKET 7 #1-5
KING SIZE ATOMICS JIGSAW #1 (reprints THE ATOMICS #1-4)
THE ATOMICS #5-12
MADMAN ATOMIC COMICS #1-4
MADMAN ATOMIC COMICS #1 (2nd Print)

X-Statix
X-FORCE #116-129
X-STATIX #1-26

Other Diversions
SANDMAN #54
SOLO #7 (still one of my favorites in this collection)
THE GEEK #1
VERTIGO JAM #1
ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #4
COMICOLOGY #2 (the BEST Allred feature ever!)

(I have THE VAULT #1-4 and THE ATOMICS #1-4,15 heading my way right now. I should be updating this as soon as they arrive.)

Do note that I missed a few issues of MADMAN COMICS near the end of it's run. That was because it started coming out erratically and when the issues finally did come out, I couldn't find a copy.

THE ATOMICS, however, was a whole different problem as it came out while I was being discouraged in buying the issues of MADMAN I couldn't find. I ended up missing the entire series and had to go back and get them later. I still need the last few issues and I'll probably also be getting the spin-off one shots in trade paperback.

I still need RED ROCKET 7 #6 and 7, also. But I'm seriously considering just getting the trade because the unusual size of the comics makes it hard to store them with the others.

I'll be getting the X-STATIX: DEAD GIRL mini-series sometime soon. Not really in a hurry, though, since I haven't read all of the X-FORCE and X-STATIX issues.

MADMAN ATOMIC COMICS #5 should be out either this week or the next and I'm looking forward to it. Allred's Madman universe is a nice alternative to most of what's coming out these days. He seems to bring the fun back to comics even when he's having characters yank out eyeballs.

No comments: