Sunday, November 11, 2007

Welcome to The Comicstand!


I previously did a blog, named Republic of Replicants, and after several months of it being neglected I decided to put it to rest and begin anew.

This blog will focus mostly on comics and graphic novels. I'm an amateur comics creator and I've done a few mini-comics, myself, however you won't find me posting my work here. This is purely about comics other than mine. A fan blog.

I do have a blog devoted to my work, called 'Nuther World Comics. I will be reincarnating that one soon, as well, so I can focus on my own works in a separate place.

I hope you enjoy the blog.

First thing I'll be doing is re-posting the DC Comics Showcase Presents Index. I'll be leaving the other indexes on the old site since Darwyn Cooke has left The Spirit and it's unsure if I'll still be buying it after he leaves and the Seven Soldiers Index was a vast piece of work that is best left there for archiving.

I'm currently in a flux as far as comic buying and reading goes. I've been so busy with work and my social life that it's been on the back-burner for a while. I recently began taking an online course in art, through Penn Foster, and I thought I needed to get back into the swing of things. Can you believe I haven't drawn anything since May? Or that I had a copy of Mike Allred's Madman Atomic Comics #1 and didn't know it?
Yes... I've been that busy.

Anyways. Let me get to re-posting the Showcase Index...

No comments: